Wednesday, January 27, 2010

VINTAGE BEAUTY



I'm about to several chair paintings for a client, so I decided to do this one that I shot in a New Orleans antique shop last November. It is one of a pair that were very old and just gorgeously preserved. This painting has lots of thick paint, full of color and texture. I love these small paintings of a subject like this. I see it propped on a table or tucked inside a bookcase or some intimate area. Very charming little piece!

Oil on board, 6 x 6
Very wet - may require an extra week to dry!

Thanks for viewing! Email me if you have any questions.



PURCHASE INFO

6 comments:

Scott Parker said...

Ok I am really diggin the groove you are in. I am lovin this one.

Claire Kayser said...

Thanks, Scott! I respect that from you! Your work ROCKS!!!

Susan Roux said...

More yellow and blue...

Tammy Hext said...

Love this painting Claire. I am a fan of thick juicy paint!

Donna MacDonald AFCA said...

A little gem - the colour and textures are superb!!

Veggiemuse said...

Love the texture! Looks like frosting