Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sunday Afternoon


I shot of photo from our back stairs window that looks out onto our neighbors lovely back deck and yard area. I was so struck the beautiful light in the mid afternoon in September on my neighbor as he read underneath his umbrella. My neighbor was relaxing - reading his book with a glass of wine. Lovely! This was one of the first smaller paintings I challenged myself to do. It has a softer feel compared to the more vibrant colors I typically use, but I wanted the colors to portray the mood. I did it one day during my painting class and later.

$100, $10 s/h










3 comments:

Julia Adams said...

Hi Claire,
I just love your painting "Sunday Afternoon" it makes me long for summer afternoons.
Julia Adams

Carole Foret said...

Oh wow, I love this, Sis! Very nice and soft--sometimes it's fun to venture outside of our typical style, isn't it--just like I did with my angel....

Nice work!

Claire Kayser said...

Thanks, Julia and Carole! Yes, I love the mood so much, too. I could see us in Italy doing the same after our workshop!

:))))